We have analyzed the results of the survey given at last month’s community forum. Thank you, once again, to everyone who took the time to attend and give us your input.
As you know, this project has many goals and many stakeholders. We will use these results to assist our project team in balancing the many needs and goals from neighbors and the community, from potential developers and businesses, from WMU and its students, and from the City of Kalamazoo and Oshtemo Township….
The following were considered to be the top 5 most important goals of this project:
- Manage Stormwater to protect Asylum Lake
- Evaluate and protect viable natural areas whenever possible
- Protect and enhance existing habitats where feasible
- Create walkable and harmonious development
- Create natural development that fits with the area and zoning requirements